Friday, June 27, 2008

In the beginning... was the command line

And here we go again.

In the beginning... was the command line

Starting anew, fresh again, after the Last Battle. The past two weeks in Salamanca were trying. I enjoyed the Festival, saw a few supposedly world-class plays (will specify as soon as I fish the programme from wherever the hell I put it, you know I'm crap at remembering names of directors and actors...). Then I spent a week painstakingly correcting tapes, then two days trying to instill some feeling of solidary comradeship into a fellow interpreting lecturer who had not corrected them.

And now I'm in Paris. I've spent two days making love, then reading a book by Pierre Lévy on Cyberculture for my PhD. Tesiseando. Yan is cooking Asian today, then he's off to theatre rehearsals. His last play was great; there are still two more he's working on. Tonight, a barbecue chez des amis by the Seine.

Have just read Zodiac, by Neal Stephenson. I loved it, but this has nothing to do with what I want to say today.

And, as I have just 15 minutes to take my pyjamas off and become beautiful before leaving, I will have to tell you tomorrow.

French little bisous,
M.

No comments: